- September 9, 2015
- Posted by: STEP Consulting
- Category: Newsletter, Uncategorized
Chief Learning Officer (CLO) recently completed a survey (http://mediatecnews.com/sites/default/files/download_file/71ce0564f12f371353cab789e721463b/2015%20CLO%20Learning%20Investments%20Takeaway_v2.pdf) of mostly director level and above located mostly in the U.S. asking them to articulate their upcoming L&D spending projections for 2016. Here are a few highlights:
- 61.5% of respondents (most of whom directly control or influence L&D spending) indicate that spending in 2016 will increase and only 9.8% of respondents indicate their spending will decrease. Organizations are back investing in L&D!
- Among the places respondent organizations will be spending include learning strategy (72.1%), learning technology (56.7%), content library (41.0%), and performance consulting (37.9%). It looks like “figuring things out” and “acquiring the right stuff” are key spending areas.
- The top priorities for content include leadership development (53.7%), business skills (39.0%), career development (33.3%), and management (22.0%). Finding scalable solutions for these areas appear to be concerns for many organizations.
- Blended content (61.8%) and leadership development (54.5%) are the most important delivery areas for 2016. It looks like true blended leadership development is the heavy lift for 2016!
- While learning technology is the most significant area for 2016 investment at 58.6%, content development is right behind with 54.5%. Developing or acquiring the right content will be key in 2016.
Entelechy is uniquely poised to help organizations with the development of their leadership development foundation – a foundation that truly sticks. Building from our award-winning Unleash Your Leadership Potential (ULP) program, Entelechy works with you to to develop YOUR program, one that addresses your unique leadership and management development needs. We bring 23 years of experience – and models and learning activities – to create develop your highly experiential, blended leadership development program, a program that is truly YOURS, that you can deliver, distribute, and even modify to keep up with your changing organizational needs. Invest in your leaders; choose Entelechy’s ULP.
Read more valuable leadership and management-related articles in this month’s Unleash Your Leadership Potential newsletter…