- January 5, 2013
- Posted by: STEP Consulting
- Category: Uncategorized
By Terence Traut, Entelechy, Inc.
As a project leader, manager, or business owner, you may suffer from a fatal disease – one that can suck the very life force from not only you but from everyone and everything around you. The disease is called delegitis and its symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed not just by the amount of work but also by the broad range of work that you need to do.
- The nagging suspicion that people around you – your employees and staff – are not as competent as you always thought.
- The increasing sense of responsibility with the knowledge that there’s no one who can do the work as good as you and as fast as you.
- The meltdown that occurs when you DO count on others and things go south.
If you’ve ever experienced these symptoms, you may have delegitis. In its final stages, it can devastate a team or company. In this article, we’ll talk about the causes of delegitis and the cures.